Your band is booked at Station 58…
1. Load-in is usually 8:30-9pm, but the bar opens at 6 if you want to get that out of the way. Email a stage plot if you like.
2. We require 5-10 flyers up in the bar 3 weeks in advance of the show. Email in jpg or pdf format to Jules@Station58.com for online use.
3. Multiple bands on the bill? Share a drum kit if possible. Nobody wants long change overs during the night. And don’t even think about setting up a kit in front of someone else’s.
4. Station 58 has a state of the art in-house sound and light system. We strongly encourage you to use our techs – they know our gear better than anyone. If you feel you must bring your own people in, it needs to be approved when the show is booked so we can schedule our guys accordingly.
We promote shows heavily on our end, but you know who your fans are way better than we do, and promotion is critical for getting bodies in the door.
Bodies in the door = good show for everyone
We promote on this website and both Facebook pages ( Facebook.com/Station58 and Facebook.com/StationFiftyEight), run a weekly display ad in the Syracuse New Times, submit club listings to the New Times Club Dates and post shows on our marquee.
Facebook is your friend – use it!
Not sure what to do? A few ideas:
1. Maintain an active fan page. Regularly post new content and interact with your fans.
2. Make sure your Facebook page and website has the information people are looking for – at the very least what kind of music you play and contact info.
3. Post your music and your videos. It will give potential fans a taste of what you sound like, and I’ll share them on the Station 58 pages.
4. Share our links on your page.
5. Create an Event for your show and invite your fans.
Don’t forget “old school” promo tactics either – handing out flyers, text reminders, and personal networking.